Join The Louisiana Real Estate Appraiser Coalition Today!
Membership means that your voice is heard. Join Today!
Accomplishments of our Louisiana Appraisers working together . . .
1) HB 838 enacted and became Act 200: This law raises temporary registration fees for out of state appraisers coming in to Louisiana for specific assignments from $50 to $150 plus a $25 processing fee. This brings us roughly in balance with the amount charged Louisiana appraisers to complete temporary assignments in most southern states. Texas and Florida remain much higher.
2) HB 1018 enacted and became Act 213: Technical language clean up of our Appraiser Law to comply with the letter and intent of federal mandates. Key changes included a requirement for both the supervising appraiser and the sponsored trainee to take an appropriate course. Also reduced CE hours to 28 per renewal cycle or 14 per year in keeping with federal reciprocity guidelines.
3) Appraiser Fees to be paid within 30 days after the appraiser provides the completed appraisal report to the appraisal management company.
4) SB 575 enacted and became Act 764: Removed burdensome additional oversight provisions placed on the REAB in rulemaking on AMC issues. The REAB now operates under the Administrative Procedures Act like every other state board or agency in terms of public notice and rulemaking procedures.
5) A full federal ASC audit of our REAB programs resulted in Louisiana achieving a “Good Rating”. Louisiana was one of only five states to achieve this distinction.
6) Worked with Appraisal Board to establish a statewide appraisal fee study for reasonable and customary fees.
7) Established Mandatory Licensed Program for AMC in Louisiana
8) Established AMC Licensing and Regulation Act
Can you imagine what we can do by becoming a organized coalition?
Please Join today...
906 CM FAGAN DR. Ste 4A - HAMMOND, LA - 70403 Office - 985-664-4090 Email: Laappraiserco@gmail.com